Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gym, yo.

I went to the gym today & took a break from running. I have been doing the Couch to 5k program which is an AWESOME program to get yourself started on a fitness regime. It has made me fall in love with running & I highly recommend it. If someone told me I would run for FUN, I would have smacked them upside the face. For reals. Anyways, something that I have learned since running is that if you do too much before your body is ready for it, you will eff something up in no time. I did a pretty intense run for myself yesterday so I wanted to give my body a rest today but not totally forgo the gym. Soooo, I found myself in a BodyWorks class being taught by her...


If you don't who she is, it's Angela from The Office. I swear, this girl looked EXACTLY like her...all 5', 87 pounds of her. Instantly, I feel a twinge of self-consciousness. This chick's body was hard. My body can best be described as um,... gelatinous? I have lost a considerable amount of weight & carried 2 babies so I have some serious wobbly bits...emphasis on the wobbly.

Ok, my next confession is not one I am proud of but I want to be honest in my journey. I first saw this tiny package of tan skin & blond hair in the bathroom & when I smiled at her, she gave me on of those fake "I have no time for you" smiles. One of those smiles that make you feel a little bit smaller than you felt 2 seconds ago. I wrote her off as one of the skinny bitches that flounce around the gym & get the meat heads to drool. Fast forward 3 minutes & voila`! She's the teacher who is going to make me pay for the next hour. I instantly hated her even more.

What was I expecting though? She was in amazing shape. OF COURSE, she was the instructor. Was I expecting freakin' Rosie O'Donnell? Maybe a little. Maybe a little more HOPING that expecting. Sue me!

As the class started, Angela from The Office was energetic (duh.) & bubbly (double duh.). I kept repeating "She-Devil, She-Devil" in my head as she made us do flies & dips. EVIL! I am sure she is a very nice lady who saves puppies & donates her time to help little old ladies cross the street but today, I hated her.

But, towards the end of class, something happened...I started to hate her less. She actually made the class fun & the hour went by pretty dang fast. I am not saying I like Angela from The Office but I am thinking I will be in her BodyWorks class next Thursday...just cause I hate her that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment