Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday weigh-in...fun times!

When you are on WW, you log your weight once a week & my weigh in day is Saturday. I used to have it be Monday, but if I indulged at ALL over the weekend, I could tell in my weight so now I do it on Saturday to show my hard work all week & then if I indulge over the weekend, I still have all week to work it off.

We spent the holidays at my in-laws house & had a wonderful time. They live in the St. Louis area so we got to indulge in the wonderful food they have to offer ( like Steak & Shake. yum.) that we miss out on living in AZ. It's probably a good thing I live far, FAR away from Imo's pizza because I could literally eat that pizza for every meal, every day. It is auh.maaazing. I was a little leery to get on the scale after the 2 weeks I spent eating my way through The Show Me State...I was afraid what the scale was going to "Show Me"...HA! I was weighing in at 193 when we left & when we got back, I weighed in at 192. Not too sure how I LOST weight but I'll take it. So, my starting off weight for WW was 192 & I weighed in yesterday at 186.5. Yay!

I tried a new recipe for turkey meatballs this week & it was a HIT with the fam. Here is the recipe.

1 pound(s) lean ground turkey
3 large egg white(s)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 small garlic clove(s), minced
1/4 tsp table salt
8 oz uncooked spaghetti - I used the high protein kind
1/3 cup(s) dried bread crumbs
1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce - I used Ragu Lower Sugar sauce


    Preheat oven to 375ºF.

    Combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Shape about 1/4 cup each of turkey mixture into balls; arrange on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until turkey is no longer pink inside, about 20 minutes.

    Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to manufacturer's directions, excluding oil and salt; drain. Combine cooked spaghetti with sauce and warm over medium heat. Remove from heat, add meatballs and toss to coat. Yields about 3/4 heaping cup of spaghetti and 2 meatballs per serving.

    • If you are doing WW, this is a 9 point meal. Kinda high but SUPER filling. You won't be hungry for the rest of the night. At least I wasn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment