Friday, January 15, 2010

Unstapled.

Last night was the premiere of "Unstapled" which is Carnie Wilson's new reality show. I met Carnie Wilson about 7 years ago at a Women's Expo. I remember hearing her story & really enjoying what she had to say. She wasn't someone who had the mentality of "Once I am skinny, my life will begin" which I feel A LOT of us have. I know that I let thoughts of "Once I hit my goal weight, I will be able to do ____". GOTTA STOP THOSE KIND OF THOUGHTS! My life is NOW! :] She lived a big life before her gastric bypass. She had bypass to save her life & was really successful with it. Then, like a lot of bypass patients (myself included!), she got pregnant & the battle for her weight escalated once again.

I enjoyed her show. I think it will show a lot of people that even with gastric bypass, you still have to work HARD at controlling what you eat & that surgery is not a magic bullet. Sorry folks, it just ain't. :] The one thing that threw up a red flag for me was the fact that she uses baking as an escape. She said "If I don't bake, I drink" which is something that happens fairly common with bypass patients. When the comfort of food is taken away, alcohol slips in as an easy replacement. Baking would be a HUGE obstacle for me because my weakness is baked goods, HANDS DOWN. I couldn't be around baking everyday & expect to drop any weight. I just wouldn't be able to because I would eat every last crumb that came out of my oven. Hopefully, that isn't a vice for her & she can find her escape in baking for people.

Anyways, I look forward to watching her show & seeing what unfolds. Check it out if you want, it's on Game Show Network (random, right?!) on Thursday nights.

P.S. Every muscle in my body is SCREAMING from that class yesterday. It's the kinda pain that feels good so mark one down for Angela from The Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment