Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Who am I?

Ok, so I talked a little abut who I am in the previous post but I wanted to give you a little history about who I am as far as healthwise. :]

I used to weigh 327 lbs. No, that's not a typo. 3-2-7. In November of 2007, I had gastric bypass surgery & lost 150 lbs. That's right, people. I lost both Olsen Twins in ONE YEAR.

Me, the morning of surgery. Sexy, eh?

Exactly one year later, yo!

I was really successful with my weight loss surgery. I was within 10 lbs of a "healthy" weight according to the BMI scale. I came really far in one year.

Then, I got knocked up.

I had a fairly uneventful pregnancy. I had a few bumps & scares but it was pretty normal for the most part. I pretty much threw everything I had learned over the past year out the window. My rules of drinking before eating & not eating until an hour after I ate stuck around. Other rules, like protein first, carbs second pretty much disappeared the second I peed on a stick.

I lived on carbs while I was pregnant. I discovered the most amazing recipe for corn casserole from Paula Deen (no, I will not post it! It's from PAULA DEEN, people! It's dripping in BUTTA!) that literally became the food I lived on for the first like, 2 months of being preggo. No lie.

I got horrible headaches while pregnant & I had this BRIGHT (read: dumb, stupid, idiotic) idea of trying Coke to just "knock out the headache". Well, that was no my wisest choice. Why? Because I hadn't had soda in a year because that is something you don't do as a bypass patient. First, the sugar in a soda will cause you to dump (dump= when you eat something with waaaay too much sugar for your new stomach to process & you feel hot & dizzy & very sick to your stomach. Lovely, eh?) so badly that you will want to D.I.E. Second, there has been talk that the carbonation can stretch out your pouch & make it not as small as it once was.

Well...guess what? I DIDN'T DUMP. Coke became my evil companion through my pregnancy...damn little red can full of sugary goodness. You suck. (I don't mean that but you are bad for me so we are breaking up, mmkay?)

Moi, present day

Ok, so that brings me to today. I am still weighing in 10lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. I have started Weight Watchers in order to get my eating back in control. I will talk more about WW in the future but I am REALLY enjoying the program so far.

I don't want to be a supermodel.

Ok, maybe a little part of me does...

I just want to be a confident, happy, healthy momma.

There you have it! Now you know the rest of the story...

k.


2 comments:

  1. Great to read your story! Good for you giving up the Coke/Diet Coke. That stuff is horrible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your before and after pictures are crazy amazing! I think you still look beautiful, but good luck in becoming a healthy Mama!

    ReplyDelete